Some songs are missing. Sorry about that. Trilulilu.ro lost them during one of their many plastic surgeries.
You may have some luck
here.

________________________________________


29 May 2010






Where did the night fall. I don't really know, but I think it broke something.
I mean....it's Unkle alright, it sounds like Unkle, you can drive your car off a cliff and into the sea just like you used to with those other albums, but something's amiss. I don't know, it's just not kicking. You turn it off and it's nearly impossible to remember any of it, nothing stands out. You may be dancing all night to this music, but somehow you don't feel the urge to ask the dj what it is, you know what I mean? And it's because sometimes it sounds 100% Unkle and you don't need to ask, but other times it sounds just...danceable, period.
The one with Mark Lanegan (and, by all means, hats off to the guy) I actually loathed. It's dreary and corny, his voice sounds a hundred years old and it really drains you to listen to it, it erases all memory of any other track. I think that's why it's not memorable, cause this album ends with Bambi's fucking mom getting shot in the head, it really sounds like the credits are rolling over that image.
I don't know, is it me? Most likely.
But I love Unkle, James is a cool guy and they're great live. Give me another chance...

No comments: