Some songs are missing. Sorry about that. Trilulilu.ro lost them during one of their many plastic surgeries.
You may have some luck
here.

________________________________________


09 September 2010

HERE WE GO AGAIN










This band is like menstruation to me. But in a good way. I periodically forget how incredibly good they are and then I periodically remember. Just like legal holidays or something. Or joy, for that matter.

And here I am sniped again by the boognish in the bushes.

I've only seen them live once (because their siamese ass seems to be reluctant and lazy when it comes to flying over to Europe. I dare not dream of ever seeing them here in Bucharest. But Vienna? Budapest? Prague? Berlin??), but I'll treasure that experience forever. I think I redefined the notion of "front-row", as I was practically inside the speakers and kissing Gene's feet.
They are amazing live. They are amazing in the studio as well. And it's not just that they kick fucking ass on stage, but this is the friendliest band I've ever seen. I mean I've met others after the show and they were cool too, but on stage? Not many bands (that I've seen) manage to be so relaxed on stage and forget about the clock, and the contract, and the fatigue and all that, and just jam. Feel good and make the audience feel good. It's about the music, remember? They do.
When they came out on stage they both seemed drained, finished, especially Gene, who looked like an over-licked lollipop. I thought this was gonna be the shortest gig I'd ever attend, half an hour and then the ambulances. But they rocked for two hours or more. I heard that once, at another gig, the encore was two hours alone. Cause they just felt like it. How cool is that?
To say nothing of the music.

No comments: