Some songs are missing. Sorry about that. Trilulilu.ro lost them during one of their many plastic surgeries.
You may have some luck
here.

________________________________________


02 November 2010

MADENSUYU (and Ex Drummer)



Madensuyu - Sugar On


Madensuyu - Oh Frail

Belgium twitched another muscle. Let's see, in the beginning there was dEUS. No, actually before dEUS Belgium squirted a bunch of other bands out, bands like Front 242, Revolting Cocks, K's Choice, Dive and also bands like Technotronic and Vaya Con Dios. These are just some of the belgian bands I have heard of and have listened to. I'm keeping one eye on Wiki as I write this. Did you know Natacha Atlas was also from Belgium? I had no idea. Do you care? Yeah, me too.
Anyway. After all that came dEUS in the 90's. Then Ghinzu in the 00's. And then along came these guys in 2006. Basically, they rock.
I was told about them by a friend who had also recommended the film "Ex Drummer" to me, a film which has both Ghinzu and Madensuyu on the soundtrack. Coincidence? I think not, considering the friend. The film is as sick as a small pony, but quite good in its own genre, which I'm not sure what it is. I was so ready to be disgusted, but then decided against it when I caught myself laughing at a very sick-sick scene. Grab a bucket and some mints and watch it. Kick ass soundtrack too, as I may have mentioned.
So yeah. Belgium, huh...

p.s. Yes, the picture is a scene from Ex Drummer. The guy is dead and still talking about that hot dog on the table which, yes, is his dick. All of it. Don't shy away, it's really quite funny.

2 comments:

cherrypick said...

awesome movie! also, has one of the best opening credits I've seen

weebzam said...

yeah, everything is back to front and upside down in this movie. sometimes literally.