Some songs are missing. Sorry about that. Trilulilu.ro lost them during one of their many plastic surgeries.
You may have some luck
here.

________________________________________


07 November 2011

GOTYE, VIDS

Gotye, your fans want to know: How Do You Do It?
I just want to know when (the fuck) do you do it? Two new vids, when did this happen? Both animations, just so it would take longer. Both good, by the way.
The first one, Bronte, reminds me of Bambi, but I refuse to cry.



I'm putting the creepy one last so you'd be left with the taste of corrugated iron in your mouth.
Gotye said this song divides people in two: some totally love it, some totally hate it, there's no middle ground on this one. I totally love it. Even though I kinda got sick of this voice distortion listening to too much Fever Ray, still this is a brilliant little song with a brilliant little video. As usual with this guy, there's something very vintage about the whole thing. Parts of this song sound like what the future used to sound like back in the 80s, I guess. And the video reminds me of sci-fi / horror B-movies from pretty much the same era, back when you could simply open the dictionary randomly at any noun and then write a script about that particular object coming to life. P for piano in this case. Cool. I'm pretty sure there's also a metaphor in there somewhere, but I'm in it just for the fun.

No comments: