Some songs are missing. Sorry about that. Trilulilu.ro lost them during one of their many plastic surgeries.
You may have some luck
here.

________________________________________


21 May 2012

OH, RIGHT...

Almost forgot. I've also listened to this:


aaaaaand...it's boring. As much as I admire Brian and his mind (or used to, anyway), and as much as he was a pretty big part of me growing up, a part I'll be forever grateful for, I think now I've also grown out of this whole angst scenery. I'm not zen, but my anger needs more subtle outlets, I guess. The whole bloody, trashy, infected needles and razorblades thing is a bit tired, as far as I'm concerned. See, that's the problem with being a "born villain", as he claims: you can't stay mad forever, can you? You can't without seeming childish, anyway. It's either revenge or forgiveness, but after that the waters clear.

And Manson's won a lot of wars, with the church, with the press, with the government and so forth. Who's he gonna fight next? Himself, mostly, but that can often be confused with someone chasing their own tail. That quickly becomes funny and then redundant, or at least not very entertaining for the listener. I'm not saying I aprove the whole media frenzy of turning a man's misery into a freakshow for our own amusement. I find that quite disgusting, actually. But Manson is an entertainer. And this album is...not entertaining. Same images, same teenage rape, same thing. The music is a bit more vigorous and juicier than his last two efforts (EMDM and HEOL), but, let's be honest, it's not hard to top those. So what you get is louder guitars, childish drums / drum-machines, "shocking" lyrics and no trace of actual creativity, genuine spark. It's like he's turning into his copycats. Maybe there's no more skin to shed. Maybe he should give painting a real shot.

No song here, they're all so great, I just couldn't pick one.

No comments: