Some songs are missing. Sorry about that. Trilulilu.ro lost them during one of their many plastic surgeries.
You may have some luck
here.

________________________________________


17 November 2010

MV again


Mars Volta - With Twilight As My Guide


It's not the first time I'm putting this song up here, I know, but I can't help it. Every time it pops up in my play list I have to stop and put it on repeat for an hour or two. For me it's right up there with Street Spirit and Heartattack In A Layby. For some reason my hair stands on ends every time I hear the line "By the longest tusk of corridors numb below the neck", I don't know why. The imagery these guys have...

And today I'm playing this song because it really helped last night. As I was slowly going crazy listening to a couple of birds chirping and chirping about shit that don't matter, I put my headphones on with this song and looked out the window. Everything changed.
Imagine cars speeding by, busy people walking by, happy people strolling by, beggars staring blankly at you and you staring blankly right back at them, through them, stores closing, dogs barking, children squeaking...And then everything drowns into this song and disappears. Everything seems irrelevant, still and comforting. It's like a gondola ride into the afterlife, slowly advancing through the tunnel and looking down at everything you're leaving behind. And it's fine.

No comments: