Some songs are missing. Sorry about that. Trilulilu.ro lost them during one of their many plastic surgeries.
You may have some luck
here.

________________________________________


22 December 2010

TRENT & TORI


I was talking to a friend last night and she mentioned something about a relationship between Trent and Tori. That, and a bucketful of other things, had never occurred to me. It doesn't really surprise me that it hadn't since I walk around with the aforementioned bucket on my head at all times.

Trent and Tori, I like both. Just like Nick and Polly, they're all nice in a does-it-hurt-when-do-this kind of way. I'm not sure what went on between Trent and Tori, nor do I want to rummage through their shit, but judging by the way they talk about each other in interviews, it seems a sort of warm and witty friendship has been established, if a bit dysfunctional. All the good ingredients and that's all I need to know.

So I'm gonna rummage through their shit in a different manner. Here's two old songs from two old albums. I still think The Downward Spiral is one of the best albums ever made by a human being, despite the fact that I'm not 20 anymore. From Tori I still like Under The Pink the most, but I chose this song from Boys For Pele because of that pretty hate machine lyric, a direct reference to Trent.

Nine Inch Nails - Eraser


Tori Amos - Caught A Lite Sneeze


Now, while we're on the Trent subject, he's been busy this year apparently. He's got yet another band (is this guy competing with Mike Patton? Which would make for a nice collaboration, by the way) - How To Destroy Angels. Ok, the name is very very lame. But hey, destruction never gets old in the Sharon Tate mansion. Does he still live there? I don't know.
Anyway, the band consists of Trent, Atticus Ross and Mariqueen Maandig, Trent's wife. Check her out:
Yes: wow. Now I really can see no reason for this guy to be so pissed off.
And here's a song from their How To Destroy Angels EP. Very Trent2010.

How To Destroy Angels - The Believers

No comments: