Some songs are missing. Sorry about that. Trilulilu.ro lost them during one of their many plastic surgeries.
You may have some luck
here.

________________________________________


24 January 2011

JIMI


I'm almost 35 and I feel like I've only just heard the name Jimi Hendrix for the first time. Fact is I have heard it before (you have to be born deaf to avoid that, and even so), but it took me 35 years to listen instead of just hear. I'm guessing I might have some childhood left in me after all. I take comfort in the fact that there are so many people out there who will go through life thinking that Kenny Rogers is the best musician that ever lived. It may have taken me a long time, but at least I'm here now. A late bloomer, the Orlando kind.

I guess I just had to do my fair share of rummaging through piles of REM and Red Hot Chili Peppers and Manson and all that tv stuff, to finally be able to appreciate the real thing, stuff like Captain Beefheart, Jimi, Zappa, Son House, Billie Holiday, Charlie Parker...you know who they are. I might even try some David Bowie at some point, the early stuff. I was never much into that whole glam thing. Even when Manson went all Bowie with Mechanical Animals, I didn't follow him there. I just waited for him on the other side of that pink feather boa, when he became the lovable sick gloomy goth I fell in love to begin with, with Holy Wood. Told him "whoa, thought I lost you there for a sec."

But Jimi. Jimi, man. Now, that guy knew that guitar was his cock. And he was one of the very few lucky ones to be able to reach his cock with his mouth, since he was doing those incredible solos with his teeth, man. I don't think I have ever seen such grace and easiness in a guitar player before. Organic shit, I swear, that guitar sprouted out of his flesh on stage. I think Dave Navarro tries to copy his moves, the hands, the caressing, the posture. And he's good, but he's no Jimi. Jimi could play with only one hand and the guitar behind his back and it sounded so great. And it's not just these theatrical gimmicks, he did them because he could, he fooled around cause he could afford it. The Who didn't want to take the stage after him. Hard act to follow.

Ahh, blah and blah and blah, entire forests have been written about Jimi, what am I gonna add?
'Scuse me while I kiss this guy:

The Jimi Hendrix Experience - If 6 Was 9


Jimi Hendrix - The Wind Cries Mary (live Paris '68)

No comments: