Some songs are missing. Sorry about that. Trilulilu.ro lost them during one of their many plastic surgeries.
You may have some luck
here.

________________________________________


18 February 2011

ANGER IS A DRUG, BUT TRIPPING IS A GIFT


Things being unexpectedly lame at work and thus my brain and being having been consistently submerged into solid numb stupor, I'm listening to as much pissed off blokes as I can get my hands on. These following bands are no news to anybody. Or, if they are, you should get angry more often, it's good for you. Anger is a gift.

This first one I picked because it sounds really trippy for RATM, it's almost a blues coming from them. It sounds like Prodigy when they say "I be the anti-myth rhythm rock shocker", too. I've lost these guys along the way, somewhere in '97 I suppose. But I was watching Skins the other day and I've been listening to RATM ever since that pretty ballerina screamed "Killing in the name of!" in that pub. Only in Skins, eh?

Rage Against The Machine - Mic Check


And then there's this one.
Like I must have said before, I didn't give these guys enough credit at first. Especially this song. I mean, really: "Nicotine, Valium, Vicodin, Marijuana, Ecstasy and Alcohol...C-c-c-c-cocaine!"? Stoner rock indeed. But ohhh, this song felt awesome on repeat as I was plowing through shit these days. I heard goth mermaids' voices in the back that weren't there before. You listen to this song long enough you really feel like picking up a shovel and making your way through a mob of zombies. Which is what I do on daily basis, it's in my job description AND my doc prescription. This song is brimming with withdrawal syndrome, yet, as the title suggests, it does make you feel kind of awesome. The rhythm is probably vein tapping all the way. It's good. It helped.

Queens Of The Stone Age - Feel Good Hit Of The Summer

No comments: