Some songs are missing. Sorry about that. Trilulilu.ro lost them during one of their many plastic surgeries.
You may have some luck
here.

________________________________________


18 April 2011

THE PATTON PATTERN


Apparently this internet ain't big enough for Mike Patton. It's overflowing. I've just put my hands on 800mp more of his stuff. I knew at least half of it, but some stuff was new to me. These three below come from a huge compilation of FNM b-sides ("Evidence" the spanish version, oooooh), various collaborations, remixes, live covers (from New Kids on the Block, through Mariah Carey, to Bob Dylan), all sorts of stuff. Some good, some bad, some plain weird. From what I've listened so far I picked these three, but there's sooo much more to go through. I'm having mixed feelings towards him now, I think his inner child is still burning ants with a lens somewhere and so some of his songs are either puerile or no songs at all. I guess it's fun to have so many buttons at your disposal. But on the other hand, when he really puts his mind to it, man, the tornado of bats coming out is quite astonishing and all else is forgiven. So here's Mike, yet again.

Umläut - Atlas Face (feat Mike Patton)



Carla Hassett - Julia (The Beatles cover) (feat Mike Patton)



Subtle - Long Vein of the Voice (feat Mike Patton)




p.s. oh yeah, I think there really is such thing as a Patton pattern, a red thread that goes through all his music, no matter what genre (except maybe Mondo Cane...maybe). But it's still a bit vague in my head, I wouldn't find the right words and I don't really have time right now. And I think it would also be a waste of time to talk about it.

No comments: