Some songs are missing. Sorry about that. Trilulilu.ro lost them during one of their many plastic surgeries.
You may have some luck
here.

________________________________________


20 May 2011

IPECAC

 
Kaada - No You Don't

Kaada, quite a prodigy this one. I was first acquainted with him through Patton, of course. The album was Romances and it was wonderful. The live DVD was wonderful too (Thank you again, Pi). 
Now, as I am wasting my valuable time at this dead-end job, I thought I'd make it less of a drag by browsing Ipecac videos at random and came across this song/video, taken from his album Thank You For Giving Me Your Valuable Time. Eerie, like most of Kaada's songs. Now, I don't know about you, I find eerie to be refreshing in a world where Shakira still tours and Robbie Williams takes that again. I'm falling more and more in love with retro sounds, the 50s, the 60s, the James Bond chase through the south of France type of thing, the sound of the Marilyn Monroe tease, you know what I'm talking about I hope. Seems to me it was a time when melody was still an aim and composition involved trained musicians with vast experience, knowledge and vision. Not to mention sensibility.

Anyway, Kaada (like Mike) hasn't forgotten that beautiful period in music. It shows in everything he does. 
So here's the video, just as eerie as the song.



And here's a bonus. Another video from the Ipecac collection. I'm guessing The Residents are drooling all over this kitschy-catchy piece of work.

No comments: