Some songs are missing. Sorry about that. Trilulilu.ro lost them during one of their many plastic surgeries.
You may have some luck
here.

________________________________________


21 August 2010

ZAPPA








This guy has been a part of that long string of giants I have ignored for a long time simply because the notion of having to grab my toothpick and dig like a motherfucker tunnels toward the core of such a mountain of creation struck me as a bit overwhelming. And it is. I haven't done it yet. I remember the huge stacks of Frank Zappa tapes that literally mushroomed all over the place right after the romanian "revolution", back in the 90s. Hundreds and hundreds, tiny tables overflowing near the subway exits. I felt I was under siege every time, I couldn't take it. It was like strolling idly into a bookshop and suddenly finding yourself in front of the Philip Roth shelves: fuck it, I have talks to talk, girls to fuck and dogs to walk. I'm trying to have a life here.

But "You are what you is" has to be one of the best albums I've ever heard. "We're only in it for the money" is great, too. I mean it's simple mathematics: there's something like 75 albums by this man out there, some of them are just bound to be fantastic.

No comments: